2013: The Year of 'No Reason Notes'

1.04.2013

I usually make resolutions from birthday to birthday, but something lovely happened this year that made me decide to make a resolution for 2013. 
 
It was just a regular day and I received a card in the mail.  It was from my friend, Jenny Lemmons.  
 
Matt asked, "Why is she sending you a card? Just at random?" to which I replied, "I don't think so.  No one sends cards just to send them anymore." But that's exactly what it was. Just a note to tell me she loved me, admired me, and valued our friendship. 
 
And my heart soared! 
 
 
So, this year I will write and mail a No Reason Note each week. And share a little love along the way. 
 
I have a stack of cute cards, lots of stamps and Sharpie pens all ready. I'm going to tuck these things into a little box of happiness and dip into it once each week.



9 comments:

Amy C said...

I love this idea! I follow you on Instagram and thought I'd come on over and see what it was all about. And, I think I just might join you in sending fun mail for no reason at all! :)

Craftcherry said...

What a wonderful idea! I keep meaning to write more letters. I know I love it when I get something in the mail besides bills and I have about a million cards at the ready!!

Amie said...

I think this is awesome and i am going to try to do it!

Malin/malwa said...

I totally love this idea! I have been thinking to myself that I ought to send more cards "just-because", so maybe this is a huge hint on really doing so. :)

libbywilko said...

I LOVE this idea !

Seth Trujillo said...

I love this idea. I would love to hear how it turned out by the end of the year. I enjoy sending cards but rarely find time to make them personal. A guy in my business networking group showed me an online service that has greeting cards you can make on your phone and mail out via usps. Message me how things went.
:-)
AmarilloInsurance@gmail.com (I'm an insurance agent but unless you're in Texas I can't help or give advice)

Alison said...

What a great idea! I would love to hear about others who keep some notes/ cards on hand and send them for no other reason than to give someone a surprise in the mail box!

Unknown said...

This year I decided to do something a little similar. Our community church lists folk each week for us to remember in prayer - some are elderly, unable to attend services & activities & some are young enough to rarely have experienced receiving snail mail! So I decided eaxh week I would send a card to say they are valued, remembered & not forgotten. It does me good too as am house bound (but am blessed with caring & able children & husband)

Qasim Khan said...

I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. I wanted to thank you for this websites! Thanks for sharing. Assignment Editing Services